This vocational qualification includes all the elements to work effectively as a Level 2 certified Junior Makeup Consultant. Mandatory units include eyelash and eyebrow treatments, daytime makeup, evening makeup and special occasion makeup.
Each student will receive a makeup and brush kit. This kit will be handpicked by your Tutor Amy who is a qualified local freelance Makeup Artist.
The course will be assessed through practical work, assignments and test papers.
Work experience and the option to apply to a more advanced course can be available through discussion with your Tutor. The use of the College facilities will allow you to work on clients in a salon environment and take good quality portfolio photographs using ring lights, which can be used to add to your portfolio.
This qualification is based on the beauty therapy National Occupational Standards (NOS) and is recognised by the UK's leading professional association, the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology (BABTAC) as being fit for purpose for preparing you for a career as a Junior Makeup-up Consultant.
There are no formal entry requirements; however you must be over the age of 19 years of age and have an informal interview with the course Tutor before enrolling.
After Your Course
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a Junior Make-up Consultant. You will also be eligible to join a professional association and gain insurance as a Junior Make-up Consultant.
Career opportunities as a junior make-up consultant exist in a variety of contexts including:
- Working in retail concession in a department store
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
While this qualification's primary purpose is to prepare you for employment as a Junior Cosmetic Make-up Consultant, you may choose to develop your skills further by undertaking qualifications in beauty therapy and related specialist areas, these include;
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy Make-up
- Level 3 Diploma in Make-up Artistry
- Level 3 Diploma in Theatrical, Special effects and Hair and Media Make-up
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course