Concept and Comic Art is perfect for artists, budding enthusiasts and professionals.
This course is designed to introduce you to the fundamentals of Comic & Concept Art, learning idea generation, visual narrative, character and environment creation. You'll get hands-on with the industry-standard software Adobe Photoshop working on a variety of practical workshops, such as figure illustration, colouring and composition.
You will be involved in a variety of practical workshops to build your knowledge and understanding of software and techniques, while also learning how to work through a creative brief, generate ideas and collaborate. You'll apply your skills to practical projects to build your own short graphic novel.
You will be assessed via a Wordpress blog of work produced throughout the course, this will include research, initial ideas, digital samples and final work. On completing the course, you will achieve a Level 1 Award in Concept and Comic Artwork for Creative Media Industries.
This is an introductory course, so it is suitable for beginners. Experience of working with Adobe Creative Cloud applications like Photoshop is preferred but not essential.
After Your Course
This short course could help you build confidence to progress onto a Graphic Design or Film Making course, like our part-time Graphic Design for Beginners or Film Making courses.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course