The course covers pre-use checks, maintenance, instrument and control recognition, safe driving of sit-in and sit-astride all-terrain vehicles, maneuvering the vehicle on rough terrain/slopes. There is an option to cover the use of a trailer or trailed attachment.
The minimum age limit for candidates taking this qualification is 16 years.
You may wish to bring your own ATV helmet.
Candidates need an overall, boots and weather appropriate clothing.
After Your Course
You could undertake another of our part-time agriculture courses, including Animal Transport by Road (Long Journey Attendant), Animal Transport by Road (Short Journey Driver), Forklift Truck Operations, Safe & Responsible Use of Veterinary Medicines, Safe Application of Pesticides or Safe Use of Sheep Dip.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £20,319.
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit, e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit.
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another school/college.
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/23 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification.
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship.
See the Student Money pages for more information.