This course covers all aspects of sheep dipping in a welfare-friendly procedure.
The course covers the following:
- How to identify the parasite
- Sheep welfare
- Dipping site
- Personal contamination
- Handling sheep after dipping
This course will take place on one day, between approximately 09:00 & 16:30.
There are no formal entry requirements, but trainees will need to bring Wellington boots and suitable PPE/outdoor clothing.
After Your Course
After the course, learners will be able to legally buy & administer sheep dip.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £20,319.
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit, e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit.
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another school/college.
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/23 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification.
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship.
See the Student Money pages for more information.