Learn specific skills in the use of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for the purpose of Graphic Design. Local designer Stephanie Fulke will take you through this introduction to Graphic Design, understand design process and generating ideas for graphic design outcomes.
The course is taught using Adobe Creative Suite on Apple Mac computers. You will take part in tutor lead workshops helping you develop an understanding of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Throughout the course you will partake in three mini projects to apply your new knowledge and skills you have learnt. You will work in booklets to capture all your work and response to a creative brief, to generate ideas and gather feedback. The work booklets will be submitted to achieve a Level 1 Award in Graphic Design.
You will be taken through graphic design process to help you produce branding concepts.
The course will include time spent on tutor led workshops, these will include:
- Developing skills in Photoshop
- Developing skills in Illustrator
- Developing skills in InDesign
- Explore composition, colour, type, and imagery and how they communicate a message
- Mind map words and images to develop a creative design concept for a client
- Develop effective design ideas through creative thinking and problem solving
There is no formal examination element to this course. You will be assessed via a portfolio of work produced throughout the course.
There are no specific entry requirements, but ideally students should have a good understanding of computer software programs, specifically word and screen operations such as 'drag and drop', 'copying' and 'pasting'.
After Your Course
We have a range of courses to help build on your knowledge, including a Level 2 course and full-time courses in Art & Design.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £20,319.
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit, e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit.
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another school/college.
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/23 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification.
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship.
See the Student Money pages for more information.