AAT is the UK's leading qualification and professional body for accounting and finance staff. The Level 2 Award in Accounting Skills to Run Your Business is a short qualification which provides an introduction for those who are new to finance and considering starting their own business.
There are four units consisting of:
- Budgeting for the small business
- Managing your cash flow
- Understanding financial documents and notification
- The essential principles of sole traders, partnerships and Limited Companies
The qualification is assessed at the end by an AAT computer based exam.
This course is suitable for those who are considering starting their own business. You should have four GCSEs at grade A*-D, including English, but please speak to the course tutor for guidance.
Lesley Postlethwaite: email@example.com
Zaeed Mohammed: firstname.lastname@example.org
After Your Course
AAT is an internationally recognised qualification which is sought after by employers. This qualification is ideally suited to give students the accounting tools and skills to run their own business.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course