- Virtual classroom via videoconference from comfort of your home
- Qualified tutor guides you each step of the way - no exam - portfolio based assessment
- Easy to complete workbooks & we provide IT Support
What will you learn:
- Introduction to knowledge needed to work in a school environment
- Supporting the classroom teacher & working with small groups of children
- Assisting with 1:1 support and learning progress differentiation
- Communication and professional relationships with children
- Improve your CV, job applications & interview skills
Qualifications you get:
- NCFE Cache Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools & Colleges
- ETCAL Level 1 Certificate in Securing Progression
- ETCAL Level 1 Certificate in Personal & Social Skills
- ETCAL Level 1 Certificate in Securing Employment
- ETCAL Level 1 Award in Personal Resilience & Perseverance
- Grade C (or grade 4) Maths & English, or equivalent
- Age 19+ before 31 August 2022
- UK resident for 3+ years
- Laptop/PC required (no smart phones please)
- In receipt of any of these benefits: JSA/ESA/UC/Income Support
You must have one of the following forms of ID: UK Passport, UK Driving Licence, UK Birth Certificate, EU ID card/passport or Residency Permit/documents.
Please note to secure employment in Education you will be required to undergo a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. If you register with one of our employer partners you get the DBS check funded!
After Your Course
- Guaranteed interview with program sponsors at 'Now Education'
Work Coaches support you into employment after the course:
- Invitation to an introductory Job Fair
- Job Board registration: myjobportal.co.uk
- CV/Cover letter preparation and Job finding tips
- Daily Job Links to new job adverts
- Invitation to weekly Job Fairs for ongoing assistance
- Offer of '1 to1' sessions for personalised assistance
- Interview preparation & assistance when needed
In other words.ongoing support until you find employment!
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.