T-Levels bring together academic knowledge with practical experience.
The course will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into this sector.
- Two-year courses
- Equivalent to 3 A-Levels
- Worth up to 168 UCAS points (Triple Distinction*).
- Created alongside employers
- Includes an extended industry placement (315 hours minimum)
- Supports progression into university and a career in the industry
The Accounting T-Level will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to progress to the next step of their career journey. The lessons are taught by lecturers with various occupational specialisms and experts in their specialised areas. Students will be equipped to leave the course and progress directly into a career in the accountancy industry or further studies in the sector. Students will learn through classroom activities, educational trips, industry specialist visits and workshops simulating the industry environment. The learning and assessments will integrate math, English and digital competencies.
The T Level in accountancy is equivalent to 3 A-Level qualifications and is a full-time two-year course. The qualification does hold UCAS points for learners who would like to apply for a university course.
The course requires all learners to participate in 315 hours of industry placements spread out over two years. These placements allow students to develop the essential skills they learn throughout their studies. These skills will include communication, organisational, time management, employability, etc. The placement allows students to put their knowledge of the skills into practice and develop them with the support of local employers in the industry.
In the first year of study, learners will cover core content which covers the underpinning knowledge, concepts and skills. In the second year of study, learners will focus on an occupational specialism: an assistant accountant.
First Year Core topics include:
- The business environment
- Careers within the accounting profession
- Professionalism and ethics/equality, diversity and inclusion
- Security and risk
- Professional services
- Fundamentals of law
- Fundamentals of financial accounting
- Data-Driven innovation/analytics and design thinking
- Research Skills
- Project/change management and administration
The first year will be assessed via two core exams and an employer-set project. The exams are designed alongside industry experts to mirror examples of projects that may be required in employment.
In the second year of study, the focus is on the occupational specialism, Assistant Accountant. This will cover topics such as:
- Produce and analyse a trial balance
- Prepare primary financial statements
- Analyse business performance and present results
- Provide support to tax and audit functions
- Prepare computations for payroll.
The occupational specialism area will be assessed via a single synoptic assessment split into 8 tasks. The assessment will take place over multiple sessions. The outcome will be a portfolio of evidence created by the students to submit.
This qualification is designed for students aged 16-18.
5 GCSEs at grade 5 or above (including Maths, English and Science), or a level 2 diploma or NVQ in a related field with a merit or distinction.
Applicants will also need to attend an interview to assess suitability for the course.
After Your Course
At Kendal College:
- Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Business. This is a Level 4 qualification over 1 year.
- Higher National Diploma in Business (HND) This is a level 5 qualification taken over 2 years.
- Degree Programme in conjunction with The University of Cumbria.
- Higher Apprenticeships in a business/accountancy area of study
- Higher Education at a University in a wide range of business and accountancy subjects
- Employment Opportunities within the business and accountancy industry.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Level 3-6 Courses
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19 or over and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a Level 3 qualification if you do not already have a Level 3 qualification (this will depend on the course & your age on 31/08/22).
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.
The fees displayed are for the 1-year AS-Level course. If you would like to progress onto the full A-Level, please contact us for the cost of the second year as it will be different.
16-18 year olds
There are no course fees if you were aged 16-18 on 31/08/22, and are not studying at another institution.