The Level 2 UAL Diploma in Photography, Film and Graphics has been designed as an introductory programme that will help you to develop practical skills in photography, digital photo-editing, graphic design and film-making.
You will develop your research skills, your personal confidence, and learn about progression opportunities in the photographic, graphic design and film industries. You will have the opportunity to try a wide range of traditional film and digital photography skills, and you will work with video to learn practical aspects of film-making.
You will have access to a photography studio and darkrooms to try out a range of experiments with photography and printing. Themed projects will help you understand art and design more broadly and enable you to make work that expresses your own ideas as part of the creative process. You will have opportunities to improve communication and presentation skills through group activities and student exhibitions.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a grade 4 at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
Assessment is through on-going continuous assessment of unit work leading to a final major project achieved at Pass Merit or Distinction grade.
4 GCSE's at 3+ preferably including a creative subject/art/photography and portfolio of photography.
English and Maths GCSE will be included in the program for students not already attained at grade 4. Adult/home educated applicants without formal GCSE's need a suitable portfolio and interview, which will include English and maths assessment.
All students joining this course will need access to their own dslr or other suitable digital camera. A small workshop fee and completion of work experience during the course is mandatory.
After Your Course
Progession can include:
- L2 photography, film and graphics is part of the L2 art & design program. On completion of this qualification, students can progress onto Level 3 courses, which can include:
- L3 Extended Diploma in Film (Media Production)
- L3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design
- L3 Technical Theatre (production arts)
- L3 Gaming
For students who wish to go into industry/jobs after completing this course:
- Graphic Design
- Film/video industry
- Media/marketing with photography/graphic/video skills for social media
- PR - public relations with media skills
- Marketing - with social media skills
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.