- Two-year courses
- Equivalent to 3 A-Levels
- Created alongside employers
- Include an extended industry placement (315 hours minimum)
- Attracts UCAS points
- Supports progression into a skilled occupation; higher or degree level apprenticeships; higher-level technical study, including university
The course will give you the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into all areas of nursing, including adult nursing, mental health, paramedics, and midwifery.
> Health T-Level video (YouTube)
Meaningful work placements
Our T-Level students gain direct clinical and ward experience with the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust. Students have two 3-week block placements per year, where they put their skills into action.
You will have the opportunity to work in at least two nursing wards, for example, medical assessments, orthopaedics, strokes, gynaecology, acute frailty, general surgery, operating theatre, paediatrics, and dementia.
This course is designed to develop your knowledge, core skills and values in a health context, providing a great foundation to studying specialist areas of nursing at university.
The core content includes:
- working within the health and science sector
- health, safety and environmental regulations
- managing information and data
- principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- core science concepts, including the structure of cells, tissues and large molecules, genetics, microbiology and immunology
You will also learn about topics specific to health, including:
- understanding the healthcare sector
- providing person-centred care
- supporting health and wellbeing
- further knowledge of both human anatomy and physiology and of diseases and disorders
- infection prevention and control
You will have access to two Health Suites within the college. These simulated health environments replicate real-life care settings, enhancing your practical development. Our facilities include a clinical care environment featuring a replica ward area with simulation mannequins. The suites also have a clinical treatment/therapy area and a seating area simulating a consulting room.
Assessment is via practical & academic-based assignments, examinations and a series of assessed tasks based on a case study.
The department organises a variety of guest speakers throughout the year, and you will have the opportunity to be part of a European residential trip.
This qualification is awarded by NCFE.
This qualification is designed for students aged 16-18.
5 GCSEs at grade 4 to include English, maths and science.
After Your Course
This course enables progression to employment as healthcare assistants and ambulance support workers, and on to a variety of university courses, for example:
- Undergraduate BSC (hons) degrees in Adult, Children, Learning Disabilities or Mental Health Nursing
- BSC (hons) in Midwifery, Radiography, Occupational therapy, Paramedic Science
- Nursing Associate Foundation Degree.
The courses may also lead onto higher-level apprenticeship programmes within the health and social care sector.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time courses and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course, e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2023/24 academic year.
Level 3-6 Courses
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19 or over and studying eligible level 3, 4, 5 & 6 courses. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a Level 3 qualification if you do not already have a Level 3 qualification (this will depend on the course & your age on 31/08/23).
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.
The fees displayed are for the one-year AS-Level course. If you would like to progress onto the full A-Level, please get in touch with us for the cost of the second year, as it will be different.
16-18 year olds
There are no course fees if you were aged 16-18 on 31/08/23 and are not studying at another institution.