Strong team leadership is essential for providing guidance, direction and instruction within a group and inevitably leads to more effective teamwork and more motivated employees. Being able to manage a team effectively is critical in the current job market, where employee productivity and team outcomes are closely monitored.
Learners will study topics including:
- Principles of team leading
- Understanding business
- Understanding how to communicate work-related information
- Understanding how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
- Understanding how to develop working relationships with colleagues
This is a knowledge-based qualification. Learners will receive a resource pack which includes study modules.
Module submissions can be hand written in the workbooks provided and posted to college or alternatively, electronic modules can be supplied for submission.
Learners must be aged 19 or over in order to enrol on the course, be living in England and not taking part in full-time education. Entry is at the discretion of the college. Kendal College will ensure that this course is appropriate for the age and ability of the learner. This may involve an assessment to ensure learners can meet the criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy, and health and safety aspects of this course.
After Your Course
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding the Principles of Dementia Care
- Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviours that Challenge
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People's Mental Health
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.