All students are able to undertake Functional Skills at a level appropriate to them. Levels available are Entry 2, 3, Level 1, Level 2. You will work on your own and in small groups within a relaxed and supportive atmosphere. A wide range of materials will be used and related as much as possible to your life experience.
You will develop maths skills including:
- Using a calculator efficiently
- Ways to multiply
- Charts and graphs
- Metric measures
Functional Skills Maths Assessment: One exam.
Exams are either on-line or paper based at an appropriate level.
An interview and initial assessment will be completed prior to starting on the course to establish the level you are working at.
After Your Course
The workshops will develop your employability and transferable skills, which will be useful for all career paths.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.