On this course, you will gain a Level 1 Award in Cycle Mechanics.
This qualification will give you an introduction to cycle mechanics and a sound understanding in how to carry out some basic repairs. It's relevant if you just want to maintain your own bike better or if you want to take that first step to becoming a professional cycle mechanic.
** Please note, despite what is says in the 'Campus' field above (we're working on getting it changed!), this course takes place at Mapdec Cycle Works. Directions and more information can be found on their website - www.mapdec.com.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
After Your Course
You may also be interested in:
- Mountain Bike Suspension
- Trailside Maintenance
- Monday Makers (Engineering Workshop)
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.