The units taught throughout the year are:
- Health and Safety
- Client Consultation
- Shampoo and Condition
- Dry and Finish Men's Hair
- Cutting Men's Hair
- Creating basic outlines and detailing in the hair
- Cutting Facial Hair
- Customer Service
Each unit consists of a mix of knowledge and practical and you will complete both exams for your knowledge and practical assessments to demonstrate your skills.
Work placement is highly advised during your time on the programme, as this will further enhance and develop both your skills and knowledge.
You will work in a modern salon using state of the art equipment and highly recognised product manufacturers.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
After Your Course
Progression to NVQ Level 3 Barbering this could be part time or an apprenticeship route.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.