You will spend a very practical day with a qualified Microsoft Expert Master watching demonstrations and then completing tasks to learn the various tools and techniques. You will be fully supported with your learning and your tutor will guide you through each task.
Topics covered are:
- Understanding the layout of Excel
- Formatting tools (applying borders & shading, applying currency formatting)
- Basic formula (SUM, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE)
- Multiplication formula
- Division Formula
- Creating charts
- Conditional formatting
- Sorting Data
- Filtering Data
- Freezing Panes
Basic knowledge and understanding of Excel and some previous experience using Excel.
After Your Course
The course aims to provide you will the confidence and the knowledge to move on to the Advanced Excel, although we do strongly recommend that you leave yourself enough time to practice and build on your current skills before embarking on to the Advanced Excel.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.