Please note this course has been cancelled for the current academic year, so please don't apply for it! However, we may be offering it again in the future.
If you might be interested in this course, please get in touch:
T: 01539 814700
The course is a competence based qualification, based on The Education and Training Foundation Professional Standards and is a job ready qualification which requires learners to demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary to work in a teaching environment.
The course develops teaching skills through specific units and prepares teachers to work in a wide range of contexts.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities
- Delivering education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Assessing learners in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of learners in education and training
- Inclusive Practice
Taught sessions will be held in college 1 evening per week where a variety of teaching strategies will be used, for example, class discussion, lecturers, role play, seminars, presentations.
As part of the course, students must complete 30 hours of teaching practice.
A minimum of 3 observations totalling 3 hours of teaching practice will be completed to assess competency in teaching.
All trainee teachers joining this course will be asked to attend an interview and take an initial skills test as part of the interview process in English and Mathematics.
They should be 19 years of age and above and hold 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) including Maths and English at Grade C or above.
Applicants should also hold a Level 3 qualification or above in their vocational area.
Applicants without traditional qualifications are encouraged to apply and are welcome to arrange a pre-interview chat to discuss their options, with a member of the course team.
After Your Course
After the course learners go into a number of roles, including teaching in educational settings and becoming trainers in their own industry.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course