The industry specialist team of tutors are experts in their area bringing relevant industry examples and experience to the delivery. The programme includes a variety of educational experiences including one day trips and the option of both UK and overseas residential visits. These trips may include tourism business activities, factory tours, large retail outlets, local businesses and auction houses. Throughout the year there are a variety of guest speakers, expert business workshops, in house business competitions, entrepreneurship activities and more.
Some of the topics you will explore are:
- Team Building in Business
- Enterprise in Business
- Recruitment, Selection and Opportunities for Employment for Business
- Online and High Street Retail
- Customer Service
- Personal and Business Finance
- Marketing, Advertising and Branding
- Work Experience in Business
How will I be assessed?
This course has 12 units to study, 2 tests in Marketing and Finance with the remaining being course work. Your course work is assessed in a variety of ways including Work Experience activities and log book, Team Building activities, role plays, presentations and written reports due throughout the year.
You will need either:
- Four GCSEs at Grade 3 or above, including English
- NVQ Level 1 in a relevant subject
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Merit or Distinction in a relevant subject
Those learners who have not yet achieved a Grade 4 or above at GCSE in Maths and English subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
After Your Course
This course is designed to lead onto to Level 3 in Business but can also lead to other Level 3 courses, apprenticeships, or work-related careers in a variety of fields including marketing, business administration, customer service, information technology and many more. The aim of this course is for you to gain skills, qualifications and confidence to take the next step into your career.
The fee displayed is the course fee. Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
There may be other costs associated with this course e.g. kit, equipment, books, trips etc. Financial support may be available to support you with these. See the Student Money pages for more information.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2022/23 academic year.
Entry Level, Level 1 & Level 2 Courses
You may qualify for financial support to cover the cost of a government-funded qualification if any of the below apply to you:
- Have an annual salary of less than £18,525
- Receive an eligible means-tested benefit e.g. JSA, ESA or Universal Credit
- Are aged 16-18 on 31/08/22 and are not studying at another school/college
- Are aged 19 or over on 31/08/22 and do not already have a Level 1, 2 or 3 qualification
- Have a household income under £35,000 and are in financial hardship
See the Student Money pages for more information.