It is a full 2 days a week to gain the qualifications to enter university or a higher level apprenticeship within the police force and universities.
Some of the modules you will be taught - Crime Scene Investigation, Police Ethics and Values, Introduction into Psychology, Crime and Deviance and Introduction into Criminology and essential study skills.
Enrichment days to local Universities and preparation into applying and interview techniques.
The course enables adult learners to return to study and gain the knowledge and skills, along with confidence necessary for successful undergraduate study.
You will be assessed in a variety of formats including, essays, reports, workbooks, leaflets, presentations and controlled assessments.
Expectation for the students to have GCSE or equivalent in Literacy and Numeracy grade C/4 or above or at least one.
After Your Course
This can lead into; Policing, criminology, Policing and Forensics, Criminology and Law, Criminology and Psychology, Sociology with criminology and a wide range of combined and related degrees.
Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time ones. The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.