A-Level Business will demonstrate the interrelated nature of Business using different business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of the modern business environment, issues and situations that impact on business. Our content is designed to engage students through topics and scenarios that are relevant in today's society.
You will complete the AS Level in the first year and the A2 in the second to form a full A-Level.
You will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation topics. This will focus on the current and future business climate and you will learn how change affects business and develop techniques for setting and achieving corporate objectives so that you make the most of change.
Effective financial planning is a priority in business, and you'll discover ways to calculate, estimate and review costs, set budgets and assess future financial needs.
Although not an entry requirement, this course is particularly suitable for students who have studied GCSE Business Studies and have an interest in setting up their own business, as this specification builds on the concepts and skills they will have already learned.
The course can be taken in the following ways:
- Within KC Sixth with another two, possibly three A-Levels, tutorial and optional EPQ and Core maths
- As an 'add on' to a Full Time Level 3 Study Programme at the College, for example alongside a BTEC Extended Diploma
- As a stand-alone part-time course
If you would like to study a full-time programme of A-levels, please complete a full-time application form.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above (A*-C), which must include Maths
- GCSE English Language at Grade 6 (or B)
If you would like to study this course part-time, please contact the tutor:
After Your Course
The majority of students go on to university, where Business represents the largest single subject in the university sector.
For potential employers, Business, with its broad study base and balance of numerical and written skills, is an ideal foundation for the recruitment of students for managerial positions and offers all the skills employers have recently said are lacking in new recruits.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.