This course will be taught in the Penrith area.
Level 3 Agricultural Engineering: What you need to know...
- Two-year course
- Equivalent to three A-Levels
- Created alongside employers
- Include an extended industry placement (315 hours minimum)
- Attracts UCAS points
- Supports progression into a skilled occupation; higher or degree-level apprenticeships; higher-level technical study, including university
This Level 3 technical qualifications will provide learners with the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed to progress into skilled employment or higher-level specialised training or study in the Agricultural Engineering Sector.
The core content for Level 3 will cover the following areas:
- Land-based machinery operation
- Fabrication and welding
- Computer fault diagnosis
- Engineering drawing and design
- Plant and soil science
The breadth of content will ensure learners can apply their skills for various purposes and in different Agricultural roles.
The specialisms are Agricultural Engineer.
5 GCSEs at level 4 or above (including English & Maths) or a level 2 diploma qualification in Agriculture.
Applicant with non-traditional routes into education (including adult returners and those with home schooling) may apply and your suitability will be assessed by interview and possible supporting written tasks.
Students are expected to have appropriate clothing for outdoor work and your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is mandatory.Travel to local sites for practical sessions is included, but you will be asked for a contribution for any optional trips or residentials.
Providers are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of students. Providers must make sure that students can fulfil the requirements of the core and chosen occupational specialism and comply with the relevant literacy.
After Your Course
Support progression into a skilled occupation; higher or degree-level apprenticeships; higher-level technical study, including university.
The Level 3 study programme is eligible for UCAS points. Please check the UCAS website for more information.
The purpose of the Level 3 Technical Qualification (TQ) in Agricultural Engineering is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher-level technical training relevant to the T-Level.
Health pathway: Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following, depending on their chosen occupational specialism:
- Head stock person
- Head shepherd/herd manager
- Assistant farm manager
- Assist in running family farm
- Commercial sales rep
- Breeding advisor
- Trainee nutritionist
- Trainee agronomist
Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time courses.
The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2020/21 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2021/22 will be updated in the Spring Term 2021. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/21
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with the intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low-income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
The fees displayed are for the 1-year AS-Level course. If you would like to progress onto the full A-Level, please contact us for the cost of the second year as it will be different.
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.