You will be taught all of the essential skills to become an advanced barber, including the art of wet facial shaving.
Sessions will be taught through a mixture of practical workshops and theory lessons, where you will be assessed by practical observations and online multiple choice exams.
You will complete the year with a nationally recognised qualification, a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering.
The units taught throughout the year are:
- Health and Safety
- Client Consultation
- Advanced cutting skills
- Provide Shaving Services
- Design and Create Facial Hair Shapes
A choice of other optional units are available.
Interview required on application, and work in a barbershop/salon or work placement is mandatory.
After Your Course
Advanced barbering in a barbershop, work anywhere in the world!
Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time ones. The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.