This course will introduce you to a broad range of creative techniques and processes.
You will have the opportunity to learn skills within drawing, printmaking, photography, textiles, sculpture and digital media. You will be encouraged to use the skills you learnt to produce creative and exciting artwork for projects set throughout the course.
The Level 2 Diploma is intended to open up opportunities to continue to study or to gain employment in areas of Art & Design. The course is ideal preparation for the Level 3 Diploma in Art & Design.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a 'C' grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
You will study:
- 2D and 3D fine art
- 2D and 3D design
- Fashion and textiles
- Digital and lens-based media
Assessment takes place throughout the year and includes:
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
- Practical Examination
Four GCSEs at Grade 3 or above, including English or Maths; or a Level 1 Diploma, preferably at Merit Level or above.
You will also be required to have an interview to look at your art and design work.
After Your Course
The course is intended to open up opportunities to continue with study or to gain employment in areas of Art and Design. The course is ideal preparation for the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Art and Design. Level 3 Extended Diplomas are equivalent to up to three A-Levels.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2019/20 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2020/21 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/19
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course