This course will develop your skills in communication, presentation, numeracy, team working, organisation and meeting deadlines.
The course usually takes place over 3 days per week.
The team of tutors are specialists in their area and have industry experience. They organise a variety of trips for students, for example, a trip to London to visit the Bank of England, Houses of Parliament and The Supreme Court.
Throughout the year there are guest speakers, workshops and in house competitions.
All of our learners will be given support with their English and Maths skills where relevant to their main programme. Those students who have not yet achieved a 'C' grade at GCSE in these subjects will continue to work towards these important qualifications at a level suited to them.
During the course you will study subjects such as:
- Developing customer service
- Investigating financial control
- People in organisations
- Providing business and administrative support
- Exploring business enterprise
- Team leading
You will learn via case studies, role play, group activities and working independently on assignments. Students also work on real-life projects, for example running a fundraising dinner, silent auction or business awards.
This course includes a one-week work placement.
Assessment is continual throughout the year and includes:
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
You will need either:
- Four GCSEs at Grade 3 or above, including English
- NVQ Level 1 in a related field or equivalent
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Merit or Distinction
After Your Course
This course can lead onto the Level 3 Diploma in Business or Travel and Tourism, Access to Higher Education, or work related careers in a variety of fields including: accountancy, administration, customer service, finance, information technology, personnel or sales.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course