To be part of the legal support staff team dealing with a wide range of administrative roles under the supervision of an experienced member of the team. The role includes archiving, preparing file reviews, answering the telephone, making appointments, taking messages, and answering general enquiries.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week.
Thomson Hayton Winkley, Kendal.
6th October 2023
Long-established solicitors firm with four offices in the area.
Employer website: https://www.thwestateagents.co...
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to work at our Kendal office, assisting our support staff with a wide range of duties whilst learning vital business administration skills.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Post–collecting/opening/reference-finding/scanning/allocating/franking/taking post at the end of the day
- Answering telephone, making appointments, taking messages, general enquiries
- Dealing with clients face to face for identity checks, witnessing signatures where applicable (e.g. wills and other documents), attending appointments, and dealing with enquiries.
- Stationery – monitoring stock levels/ordering
- File archiving
- Preparing file reviews
- Key dates diary management
- Taking card payments (by phone or face-to-face)
- Updating of various registers
Providing support to secretarial staff:
- Preparing documents using Word/Excel
- Preparing bundles of documents (copying and scanning)
There may also be the opportunity to assist with:
- Credit control
- Marketing – updating databases and generally assisting the Marketing Manager
What training will the apprentice take, and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will receive a certificate in Business administration level 3 (A-Level)
- Functional Skills (if needed)
- On and off-the-job training and location to be confirmed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Hopefully, progress to a higher level of apprenticeship and/or permanent employment for the right candidate in either the secretarial or administrative field. Suitable candidates with an interest in law may be able to progress towards becoming a Chartered Legal Executive.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, and ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services team.
t 01539 814700