Riverside E-Bikes and Cycles are seeking an Apprentice Bicycle Mechanic to join their knowledgeable and dynamic team. The role will involve the daily running of the bike maintenance clinic, including servicing and repairing and building new bikes for sale.
Hours of work:
42 hours per week.
Riverside E-Bikes & Cycles, Bradford.
1st May 2023
Riverside E-bikes and Cycles (JJS Trading Ltd) are a family-run business from a new purpose-built site alongside the River Aire in Apperley Bridge selling e-bikes and cycles. The site also has an onsite bike clinic and café.
Employer website: http://www.rebac.co.uk/
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Responsible for the service and repair of customers' bikes.
- Building new bikes for sale.
- Working closely with the senior mechanic learning new skills and updated systems.
- Working independently on specific tasks.
- Sourcing and ordering parts.
What training will the apprentice take, and what qualification will the apprentice get?
- Level 2 Bicycle Mechanic qualification delivered via hybrid remote and one-to-one training.
- Where the apprentice has not already achieved Level 1 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment and attempting level 2.
- The role will be at our new purpose-built site alongside the River Aire in Aprerley Bridge, BD10 0NN.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once the apprenticeship is complete, continue in full-time employment with prospects of running a service department at one of our other shops.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700