We are a well-established, flexible and innovative Family Bakery Business looking to recruit an Engineering Apprentice to our multi-skilled Engineering Team. There will be an increasing focus on automation, robotics and computer-controlled technology.
Hours of work:
39 hours per week.
Bells of Lazonby, Penrith.
31st March 2023
We are an established family bakery with a taste for quality, having created delicious products for over 70 years. We produce baked goods for retail and food service. We are a successful and growing local family business with most national supermarkets among our customers, alongside leading coffee shop chains.
Employer website: http://www.bellsoflazonby.co.u...
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repair of the range of equipment across our two bakeries.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance programmes.
- Ensuring all equipment, process and electrical work is carried out according to Health & Safety and other statutory requirements.
- Modifying equipment to meet new product and processing requirements.
- Working with external contractors.
- Siting and re-siting equipment.
- Welding and fabrication work.
- Electrical installation and repair.
What training will the apprentice take, and what qualification will the apprentice get?
- Level 3 Maintenance Operations Engineering Technician qualification delivered via one day a week study leave at Kendal College, Milnthorpe Road Campus.
- Where the apprentice has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
- The role will be at Edenholme Bakery, Lazonby, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 1BG.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-Time Employment and/or progression to a higher Apprenticeship depending on progress and ability.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700