The spa provides a range of treatments, including manicures, pedicures, massages and facials. We are ideally looking for someone qualified in beauty at level 2, wishing to go on and do a level 3 apprenticeship. We would consider a level 2 application from the right candidate.
Hours of work:
38 hours per week.
The Spa at Underscar, Applethwaite.
1st November 2022
The Spa at Underscar is nestled on the lower slopes of Skiddaw, set alongside the luxurious and award-winning 5-Star Underscar time-ownership development. Best described as a retreat, this beautiful health spa is set amidst ancient wood and parkland, approximately two miles from the quaint market town of Keswick. In November 2020, it became part of the Sykes Holiday Cottages family brand, which continues to expand its business interests. Sykes offers a family of colleagues that puts people at the heart of what it does, focusing on well-being, personal development, and celebrating successes. The Spa at Underscar offers a range of services from our expertly trained therapists. Along with holistic healing techniques and exclusive spa treatments, we use carefully selected pure and natural products as our aim is to be kind to your skin and the environment. The Spa at Underscar has a wide range of clients and therapists who interact with many individuals, such as other staff members and brand representatives. Relationships are built on trust with clients, colleagues, and other organisations, and the team works together to support business growth.
Employer website: https://www.underscarspa.co.uk...
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Understand and learn about brand and product awareness. Our brand heroes are Decleor and NEOM. We use the Decleor Academy to support our therapist's development and attend webinar sessions when possible. These interactive sessions help develop treatment skills and earn reward points to spend in the Decleor shop. The more you train, the more rewards to spend in the shop. This helps you become familiar and confident with retail and product knowledge.
- Train and learn skills to carry out beauty treatments such as massage and facial treatments. Every few months, the Decleor trainers come on-site to offer refresher sessions on routine and new techniques. This provides a fantastic way to learn and come together as a team.
- Provide nail treatments according to qualification level. Jessica is one of the top brands in the nail industry, with nail-care-based nail polishes that offer natural nails a gentle formula of nail polish with a long-lasting shine and wear. Provide manicures and pedicures for clients, including gel polish.
- Provide exceptional customer journeys. This position includes lots of social interaction with customers, guests and colleagues, and long-lasting friendships can be made. You will need to understand consultation forms and any contraindications, build and maintain the clients' trust to form a relationship and create a bespoke treatment plan if necessary. Each customer's journey should be unique, and you will help make that experience memorable with advice and aftercare to support wellness.
- As a therapist, you will learn to understand the salon management system (Phorest) and how it can interact with the customer. You and the team keep learning through their industry-focused education platform Phorest Academy. There will also be light reception duties in the absence of the reception team. You will need to answer telephone calls and deal with general enquiries to support our customers.
- Set up treatment rooms for treatments. Liaise with therapists regarding appropriate needs. Ensure that the working area is free from any hazards or obstructions. Ensure that the salon is clean and tidy and hygiene regulations and requirements are completed. Work in accordance with health and safety guidance and industry protocols. Understand the layout and structure of the treatment rooms and how to move a client during treatment.
- Become fully involved in the life of the spa, make amazing memories and become part of the Underscar family.
What training will the apprentice take, and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Beauty Therapist apprenticeship standard.
- Functional skills (if required).
- Training through the workplace and Kendal College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Employment position at Underscar, career development within the industry, international travel opportunities.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700