You’ll be paired with one of our experienced joiners and gain good experience in working on a wide variety of different job types from roofs to kitchens, floorings, window fittings and stud walls.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week.
SJA Building & Property Services, Carnforth.
15th July 2022
We are a small family-run business, we have been completing various different builds since 2020 from domestic to commercial.
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing support and assistance to one or more skilled joiners.
- General work assisting the joiner including site preparation and clearance, maintaining general site tidiness
- Performing tasks directed by your line manager including assisting in building and installations, removals, inspections, replacements, repair and maintenance of wooden items
- Assist with storage, lifting, fetching supplies, unloading and checking deliveries
- This is a trainee position and you will be provided with regular training and support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress into full-time employment with the company for the right person.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700