English Lakes Culinary Academy is a 15-month apprenticeship. Your training will provide you with the culinary skills to work comfortably in your chosen hotel. From day one you will be employed by English Lakes Hotels Resorts & Venues.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week.
£17,280. Starting wage is £9.00 ph.
English Lakes Hotels, at various locations.
31st July 2022
A family operated business with four hotels located in south lakes and Lancashire. Apprenticeships are available in the following locations: Lancaster House, Midland Hotel, Low Wood, and Wild Boar.
Employer website: http://www.englishlakes.co.uk/
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To ensure high personal standards by presenting yourself correctly in a clean & tidy uniform in accordance with the Dress & Appearance Policy.
- To prepare, cook and present all food within your section to a high standard ensuring the quality of the product is always met.
- To ensure cleanliness at all times in your section, including all fridges and working areas with the aim of exceeding hygiene standards.
- To attend all academic sessions at Kendal College
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Chef De Partie apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We will encourage any apprentice to further their knowledge and progress to a higher level with the business as a full-time employee.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700