You will be working alongside an engineer to assist with all elements of property maintenance that the variety of jobs entail. This could be flooring, painting and decorating, plumbing, kitchen & bathroom fitting, tiling – learning the skills on the job required to complete these jobs to a high standard.
Hours of work:
32 hours per week
£137.60 per week
Goldcrest Property Maintenance, Workington
31st August 2022
We undertake a variety of work to maintain private homes, holiday properties and commercial properties including kitchen and bathroom refits, home improvemens, painting and decorating, plumbing, joinery, plastering & UPVC window fitting.
Employer website: https://www.goldcrestpropertym...
This role offers the apprentice a wide variety and exposure to a range of different skills required to fulfil a number of property maintenance jobs. From fitting kitchens and bathrooms to plumbing, tiling, and painting and decorating – there is a great opportunity to learn a wide range of skills. You will learn basic carpentry, plumbing & decorating skills to:
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example, repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example, repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain plant safety systems and equipment
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example, screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety of other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
- Understand the importance of customer service
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700