Working as an apprentice Teaching Assistant you will support teachers and pupils in the classroom in lessons and become an integral part of the school support team.
Hours of work:
30 hours per week
£129.00 per week
St Marys C Of E Primary School, Carnforth
19th September 2021
St Mary’s CE Primary School is a one-form entry school, with 240 pupils on roll, which serves the community of the parish of Kirkby Lonsdale as well as the surrounding parishes. It is a popular school with classes often oversubscribed.
Employer website: http://www.stmarys-kl.cumbria....
To complement the professional work of teachers by supporting learning activities, in line with St.Mary’s School policies and guidance. This may involve supporting learning activities for individuals/groups or for whole classes. It will involve supporting assessment, recording and reporting on achievement, behaviour for learning, progress and development.
All of the below will be carried out under the guidance of experienced school practitioners:
- Develop good relationships with all of the children (ranging from 3 years to 11 years).
- Learn skills to be a Teaching Assistant.
- Model appropriate positive behaviour.
- Be confident communicating with parents, carers and other Early Years Providers.
- Work with small groups or individuals following the teacher’s planning/direction.
- Supervise small groups indoors and outdoors
- Make observations and assessments of the children and feedback to the class teacher.
- Keep any information discussed in school confidential.
- Follow the Child Protection Policy and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Support children at lunchtimes including encouraging good table manners and healthy eating.
- Support learning and care provision in the Extended Service Clubs including preparing snacks, leading play activities (indoors and outdoors) and communicating with parents.
- To be a reliable member of the team.
- Help to make a stimulating environment for the children indoors and outdoors, for example, with guidance setting up role play areas and making displays.
- Have a professional attitude to all work and other members of staff.
- Be willing to support children with personal care. Eg. Toileting.
- Drive own development by actively participating in mentor sessions.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach showing initiative and resilience to complete tasks.
- Support teacher’s administration duties including photocopying, organising / making resources and mailing.
- Help on school visits / outdoor adventurous activities and follow risk assessments.
- Take part in school training.
- Complete all coursework as required.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700