Fantastic opportunity to learn and develop in a busy hotel kitchen environment, working alongside an experienced Kitchen brigade. This role is unique as will be part of working towards achieving consistent and potentially further Rosettes in the future in our Restaurant at Rothay Garden Hotel.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week
£360.00 per week
Rothay Garden Hotel, Ambleside
15th October 2021
Hospitality/Private Hotel with Accommodation and Large Food & Beverage Operation including a 2 AA Rosette Restaurant.
Employer website: https://www.rothaygarden.com/
You will be:
- Working under the leadership of the Head Chef you will develop the skills to work on all sections of this busy kitchen, from fine dining to large banquets.
- Master making the best use of local produce to give our guests the best possible experience.
- Learn your core skills as a chef, understand how to hold and use a knife, master cookery techniques to achieve the highest results.
- If occupying the Chef de Partie role or if in training towards occupying a role such as this, you will likely gain experience of being responsible for certain sections within the Kitchen.
- Help the chefs make the best possible use of ingredients to achieve financial targets.
- Work with all the team to ensure food is prepared in the highest possible hygienic conditions.
- Develop good team skills and don’t be afraid to jump in and help when someone needs it, remembering you may need their help.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team:
t 01539 814700