Our Commis Chef will be expected to assist the kitchen team with preparation and cooking on a daily basis whilst maintaining the company’s reputation and quality food.
Hours of work:
40 hours per week
£184.80 to £356.40 per week
The Flying Pig, Bowness-on-Windermere
11th May 2021
We are a local privately-owned hospitality group with venues in Bowness-on-Windermere, Ambleside and Coniston! Our venues specialise in serving great food, wine and beer across our bars, cafes, restaurants and guest accommodation.
Being part of our team comes with excellent benefits, including generous tip share, meals on duty, uniform and a great hourly pay rate. Plus, all staff receive a group discount card of 30% available to use across all High Spirits Leisure Group Venues.
At High Spirits Leisure Group, we believe in developing careers using the latest technology; our online training path delivers a continuously evolving learning and development solution tailored to the hospitality sector. We are part of a fast-expanding hospitality group with long term career prospects and opportunities for promotion.
Employer website: http://www.highspiritsleisure....
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To undertake tasks as directed by the Sous Chef and Head Chef and to cook foods as directed
- To ensure that food preparation areas that you are responsible for are kept clean and tidy in accordance with the cleaning schedule in line with Health and Safety and food hygiene requirements
- To follow the kitchen management procedures including the temperature records, food samples, production plans etc
- To assist with other kitchen members as and when required
- To manage the kitchen porters and ensure the smooth running of the kitchen
- Help to maintain an efficient environment that produces good food in a calm manner
- To receive deliveries and go through produce ensuring that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the company’s Health and Safety and Hygiene policies
- To assist with stock takes as required
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.