The successful applicant will need to have the ability to be flexible to work with children across the school-age range. Initially, their main duties will be in supporting our mixed class and working with small groups and SEN children across the school. Appointments will be subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS check.
Hours of work:
30 per week
£136.50 - £261.60 per week
Dent C Of E Primary School, Dent
19th April 2021
Dent CE Primary School is a very small school, in the beautiful surroundings of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. We love learning and we enjoy developing together through an enriched and broad curriculum. We are a vibrant and caring rural primary school, working as part of the whole community to provide a creative and nurturing environment where all children flourish. With Christian values at the heart of all we do, each child is encouraged to reach their potential. Every child experiences our personalised approach to learning, which allows children to grow in independence and confidence, aiming high and achieving success. Through the highest quality education, we aim to prepare our children to serve the community, locally and globally, whilst developing a deep appreciation of Christian values, faith and life. As a Voluntary Aided School, the Governors are the legal employer. Governors work closely with staff in the best interests of the whole school community.
Employer website: https://dent.cumbria.sch.uk/
This role will be working under the direction of the class teacher. It is a very varied role including:
- Following safeguarding procedures to ensure all children are kept safe
- Following all school procedures
- Maintaining professionalism both within the school and in personal life
- Maintaining very high standards throughout the school
- Working with EYFS children in a mixed-age class
- Delivering adult-led activities
- Supporting continuous provision
- Observing children
- Feeding back observations and outcomes to the class teacher
- Working with children across the whole primary age range from 4-11
- Supporting small group work
- Working with SEN children in small groups or one to one
- Supervision of children in classroom and playground situations
- Midday supervision both during meal service and outdoor playtime
- Use of ICT throughout the role
- Supporting out of school visits
- Supporting the wider life of the school – PTFA / out of hours events
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.