We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic and well-organised apprentice to support our company’s marketing and design efforts. The right candidate will get to work on the company’s Social Media accounts, update the company’s website, design and edit wine lists and much more.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week
28th October 2020
EWGA Wines was founded in Lancashire in 1972 by Pamela and Gerald Moeckel. Their traditional business of wine wholesaling is continued today by their son Adrian and his loyal team of staff.
The company has high standards in the selection import and distribution of many exclusive wines from most quality wine producing countries. EWGA supplies and services some of the most prestigious hospitality businesses around the UK and owes its continued success to giving sound professional advice, offering an exclusive and competitive portfolio, backed up by a first-class service.
Originally working from the garage of their Silverdale home and various rented warehouses, 2004 saw the development of a new bonded warehouse and office building in Warton, near Carnforth. This facility allows the company to buy directly from the winery in large quantity and store duty suspended until the wine is sold. One of only a few companies to have such a facility around the UK. It is used by both EWGA and other companies who wish to store wine under bond before dispatching it all over the UK and beyond.
In 2006 EWGA launched a trade division offering a portfolio of exclusive wines to other wholesalers and independent retailers that can be bought in bulk and dispatched by carrier throughout the UK.
In 2014 a very similar business, Heritage Wine Gloucestershire, was purchased. This gave the company a second bonded warehouse facility and footprint in the South of the country.
The latest development is the completion of the new tasting and conference room at Head Office which is a great space for meetings, staff and customer events.
Employer website: http://www.ewga.net/
Supporting the Marketing and Design Department
Design tasks and duties:
- Editing existing wine lists, menus, posters, tent cards and other point of sale materials
- Printing and laminating wine lists and other marketing materials
- Creating social media graphics
- Taking product pictures
- Creating new wine lists according to instructions from sales executives
Marketing tasks and duties:
- Using social media platforms to communicate company news, deliver relevant content and drive engagements
- Plan and schedule social media content
- Updating the company website and other marketing material in accordance to information provided
- Assisting in email marketing content creation
- Creating content for the website
- General assisting in everyday tasks of the marketing and design department with guidance from senior team members
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.