With My Expedition Rocks you will receive: Training and development in a number of activities as per competence and experience, first aid, archery, bushcraft, climbing and mountain walking. Ongoing mentoring throughout the apprenticeship, an opportunity to gain qualifications and experience working alongside professionals.
Hours of work:
30 hours per week
My Expedition Rocks Ltd, Skipton
20th November 2020
My Expedition Rocks are an outdoor education and activity provider.
Employer website: https://myexpeditionrocks.com/
You will learn and develop the necessary skills and experience to assist in the delivery of safe, high quality outdoor education and training courses for children, young people, adults and families. To assist further with this you will be mentored and encouraged to gain the appropriate technical qualifications as per your experience and interest. These will be worked towards alongside your Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship. During the week you will be required to complete a number of tasks in-line with the needs of the business. These duties include:
- Assist Outdoor Facilitators with delivery, planning and evaluation of courses
- Assist groups during activities as directed by the Outdoor Facilitator in-charge, this could include briefings, observing group, problem solving and encouragement of the group throughout the session
- Acquire and develop skills associated with the above to assume greater responsibility throughout the duration of your apprenticeship in-line with experience and competence
- Assist in preparation and the return of groups
- Develop and understand the need to maintain a clean and tidy store and maintain logs associated
- Carry out IT and office tasks associated with bookings, resources and other materials
- Be prepared to work a variety of days each week, including weekends, overnights and short and long days according to the requirements of the business
- Assist with the planning and organisation of new venue activities and clients
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.