The candidate will assist in the repair, maintenance, and installation of all site electrical plant, machinery, equipment and services to ensure their safe and efficient working. They will be trained in identifying and rectifying faults on all electrical, instrument and mechanical equipment.
Hours of work:
37 hours per week
Kendal Nutricare, Kendal
14th August 2020
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
Employer website: https://kendalnutricare.com/
- Working alongside the Site Shift Electricians and Technicians reporting into the Engineering Supervisor and Site Electrical Engineer, you will learn to complete electrical logs, use of Engineering Work Requests and Permits to Work Certificates
- You will assist in portable appliance testing and updating installation schedules and electrical drawings
You will work with the Site Shift Electricians, Technicians and Engineering Supervisor to:
- Assist in repairs, maintenance and development on a full range of plant, machinery, services and portable equipment
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the site control systems including PLC programming, Industrial web page design and database management
- Assist with the installation, commission and testing of new and refurbished electrical systems
- Assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults
- Assist in the diagnosis of faults during a breakdown situation of an electrical, mechanical and instrumental nature
- Assist with planned maintenance and the implementation of agreed modifications and improvements
- Assist with the effective use of the planning and computer maintenance management system
- Operate with a high level of hygiene and adhere to the strict hygiene regimes of dress, personal hygiene, cleanliness and care in working required across the site
- Follow set procedures in moving from one segregated area of the factory to another
- Follow all safety procedures and wear PPE in many areas
- You will sometimes be required to work at height, in high temperatures, in dirty environments and with hazardous chemicals in this role and with reduced ventilation
- We are looking for a good communicator with a helpful and flexible approach
- Someone who is proactive in self-learning and development, with good organisation skills, attention to detail and a commitment for self-study
- An individual who has a logical approach to problem solving and willingness to learn on the job
- An interest in electronics, computers and programming would be an advantage but is not essential
A Levels (or equivalent) and 4 x GCSEs or equivalents including English and maths – Grade C/4 or above
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.