The role requires you to set-up and operate sophisticated machinery and ancillary equipment on automated lines. Analyse faults and rectify clearances. Clearing and cleaning are important in this role to ensure safe and efficient production. You will carry out extensive quality checks and facilitate efficient and effective product changeovers.
Hours of work:
37 hours per week
Kendal Nutricare, Kendal
14th August 2020
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
Employer website: https://kendalnutricare.com/
Duties to include:
- Document the current state of work in progress, using batch documentation to pick and check required materials and, record quality checks and cleans in the plant logbook
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately
- Ensure that the correct cleaning, labelling and assembly of plant and equipment is carried out following SOP’s, hygiene standards and product security requirements
- Report faults and participate in the fault-finding process using established problem-solving techniques
- Adhere to workplace organisation regime, such as 5s
- Dispose of waste materials as required and following waste segregation regimes
- Comply with safety procedures
- Adopting safe working practices
- Wearing the required protective clothing
- Use of safety equipment appropriate to the role
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping
- Set-up, operate and run sophisticated computerised machines and ancillary equipment on automated lines
- Apply good manufacturing practice (GMP), demonstrating recognised methods, procedures and practices
- Flexible to the ever-changing business environment
- Focused and have good attention to detail (Food safety and quality checks are an essential part of the role)
- A team player with good communication skills (You will work within a small team)
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents (maths / English required) which should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.