The role is based within the Secondary Engineering team –but you must maintain close links across the site, particularly with production. You will complete Engineering/ Production-based projects and process improvement & preventative maintenance activities while developing an understanding of food manufacture.
Hours of work:
37 hours per week
Kendal Nutricare, Kendal
14th August 2020
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
Employer website: https://kendalnutricare.com/
You will work with members the Engineering and Production teams to:
- Gain confidence with tools, automated machinery and carrying out practical work
- Work with assigned members of the Engineering and Production teams in designing, developing, delivering, and reviewing improvement projects across the Kendal site
- Carry out routine maintenance, attend breakdowns and diagnose faults with machinery
- Build and develop relationships with key colleagues in Engineering, Production, QA areas
- Present regular reviews of progress made against targets for any project work currently being carried out
- Form part of the Site Engineering Improvements Team and to contribute wherever possible to work being developed by other team members
- Develop as much knowledge, experience and skill as possible across the manufacturing area
The apprenticeship will provide the initial building blocks to establish a full-time career in Engineering in a complex and automated food manufacturing environment.
- Able to cope under the pressure of time in a dynamic environment with the support of colleagues
- Inquisitive with a hunger for knowledge of engineering and the broader aspects of factory life
- The highest standards of personal hygiene are required for this hands-on role in infant formula production
- An interest in pursuing a career within the engineering and/or (food) manufacturing sector would be advantageous
- A highly motivated and organized project worker –capable of working equally well in a group or individual environment
- A strong team builder (relationships will be critical)
- Independent-minded and self-starting
- Sensible and focused with excellent timekeeping skills
- Confidently follow instructions and use initiative
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents (maths / English required) which should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.