The role is based within the Quality Assurance Department, reporting to the Laboratory Senior Technician, working as part of a team of technicians, you will provide a chemical and microbiological analytical service and support to the site; ensuring the quality of the product is assured at each step of the process.
Hours of work:
37 hours per week
Kendal Nutricare, Kendal
14th August 2020
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
Employer website: https://kendalnutricare.com/
Training to become responsible for:
- The analysis of Raw Materials / Packaging / Intermediates / Finished Goods
- Calibration of analytical Equipment
- Undertaking ad-hoc analysis as required
- Ordering & provision of consumables & chemicals
- Maintenance of data systems
- Own Health & Safety and those around them through Good Laboratory Practice
- A good standard of education in a scientific subject
- Good communication and multi-tasking skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in a food Laboratory in a relevant discipline e.g. Microbiology or Chemistry
Good computer literacy is essential
Ideally, 4 x GCSEs, including English, maths and a science – Grade C/4 (or equivalent) or above.
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.