Do you love bikes? Do you love researching what upgrade to save up for next? Do you always check your tyre pressures and make sure your logos line up when you gram? If that sounds a bit like you, and you’re looking for a job in cycling I would love to hear from you.
Hours of work:
37 hours per week
7th August 2020
We are a local company who are proudly independent of the service we provide. We repair and service all types of bikes, provide virtual training, strength training and coaching in all things cycle related.
Employer website: https://mapdec.com/
Your primary role will be as a mechanic, with lots of opportunity to work in coaching, videography, and digital marketing too.
Other Duties Include:
- Build a bicycle from scratch to a customer’s/client’s specification
- Identify problems with a bicycle and discuss solutions with the customer/client
- Estimate the cost of repairs and give quotes, advising on economic viability
- Carry out a bicycle service and safety checks
- Carry out repairs and replace parts, for example changing brake cables and chains
- Clean, degrease and lubricate bicycle parts
- Give advice to customers/clients, including the sale of bikes, parts and accessories
- Take bookings for repairs and process paperwork via paper or computerised systems
- Support retail/contractual processes and warranty claims
- Maintain and adhere to the industry standards and/or best practice for quality control over their own work and take an active role in general workshop quality control
- Maintain bicycle mechanic tools and equipment, and workshop tidiness
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Be punctual
Ideally, 4 x GCSEs, including English and maths – Grade C/4 (or equivalent) or above.
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.