If you relish the prospect of working with computer technology outdoors, mapping land and buildings this career could be for you. When not outdoors, you will be using computer aided design and mapping applications to generate drawings for our clients.
Hours of work:
37.50 hours per week
£155.63 per week
Spatial Data Ltd, Kendal
1st September 2020
Spatial Data Ltd are Chartered Land Surveyors, established in 1989, we are regulated by R.I.C.S. and are members of The Survey Association.
Our main activities are topographical and measured building surveys with some boundary surveys and production of Land Registry compliant plans. We occasionally act as expert witness in boundary matters.
Employer website: http://www.spatialdataltd.com/
Spatial Data Ltd use computerised technology to produce drawings of land, buildings, rivers and lakes. If you relish the prospect of working with computer technology outdoors for much of the time mapping land and preparing plans of buildings this career could be for you.
- When not outdoors, you will be using computer aided design and mapping applications in order to generate drawings for our clients
- Day-to-day you will be engaged in survey work using modern survey equipment such as total stations and GPS instruments
- You will be trained to use this equipment after which you will be able to build your knowledge and experience of how to use the latest technology to carry out survey work in all kinds of situations
- Office duties will include learning to use computer aided design and mapping software and building your knowledge of how to deliver drawings that our clients require
You will need to be reasonably fit, have good eyesight, enjoy working outdoors and have basic IT skills, further training will be provided. You will need to have excellent time keeping and show responsibilities in the following areas:
- Take great care of all surveying equipment
- Be precise in all your work
- Be honest at all times
- Earn the trust of all other staff
- Friendly and approachable
- Keen to help our customers with their requests
- Ability to complete the academic aspect of the Apprenticeship with the support of your assessor and employer
- English and maths grades C+/4+ at GCSE or equivalent
- With the correct dedication and ability, you will be able to progress to being a professional land surveyor and member of the RICS
Things to consider
- This role will involve working outdoors in all weather and require the use of a computer for long durations of the working day
- You may be required to attend meetings with clients, partners and contractors and also be required to use various methods of communication, including the telephone and e-mail
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-mi...
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.