To assist the finance team in running the finance department efficiently. The role holder will provide effective business support by working as part of a team, produce accurate and timely customer invoices, ensure all credit card transactions are supported by appropriate documents and costs are coded correctly, general administrative support.
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week
Fat Media, Lancaster
21st February 2020
Fat Media specialises in website design, development, branding, graphic design and digital marketing. We have worked with hundreds of clients on thousands of projects and are proud to lend our name and expertise to some of the UK’s leading brands. We have offices based in Lancaster, Bristol and London.
Right at the heart of our ambition, is talent. Our team of experts displays amazing ability in their chosen fields, spanning across digital, technical, design and marketing.
Employer website: https://www.fatmedia.co.uk/
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that customers are invoiced on a timely basis for hosting invoices and email campaigns and that invoices are sent to customers (mostly by email)
- Prepare accurate and timely sales invoices and distribute to customers via email and post
- Completion of sales invoice target spreadsheet detailing amounts invoiced and which nominal codes sales relate to ensuring provision of accurate and timely data to finance manager
- Preparation of Barclaycard uploads based on submission from cardholder, including verification to receipt
- Order supplies e.g. stationery, refreshments for office
- Receive and check deliveries
- Carry out basic upkeep of office machinery, including replenishing paper and changing toners
- Report faults on equipment, furnishings and fittings to the relevant person, as appropriate
- Receive, distribute and despatch both internal and external post
- Assist with bulk mail-outs
- Prepare, scan and photocopy documents
Other ad-hoc work may be needed and the Finance Apprentice may be asked to perform other duties from time to time as required which is outside the scope of their regular work.
- Literacy & numeracy skills – sufficient to undertake the tasks and duties of the role
- Experience of using computer packages for word-processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Experience of using Microsoft Office programs & Windows operating systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to complete tasks to deadlines, re-prioritising own work if necessary
- Able to follow instructions, procedures and policies
- Able to work as a team to meet deadline and goals
Ideally candidates should hold 4 GCSEs at graded D/3 or above (or equivalent) including English and maths.
Once the initial agreed period is over there is scope if both parties are favourable to renewing the apprenticeship allowing the apprentice to move to the next level in their studies.
Things to consider
Use of Excel required, work based in office at Lancaster site, standard work hours expected, free car parking available.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-mi...
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.