MHA Moore and Smalley are a top 50 leading independent advisor of accounting, business advisory and wealth management services. We have offices in Preston, Blackpool, Kendal, Lancaster, Manchester, Liverpool, Southport and Nottingham with over 300 partners and staff providing trusted advice to clients across the UK.
27th August 2020
Location: Preston, Blackpool, Kendal, Lancaster and Nottingham
WHY WORK FOR MOORE AND SMALLEY?
- A great place to commence your career in accountancy
- We are a top 50 award winning professional services firm
- We have an excellent reputation for training staff in a friendly and welcoming environment
- Clear career opportunities and progression paths
- Focus on work/life balance – flexible working patterns/locations
- Pay progression linked to role development
- High levels of staff engagement around the firm’s values
- Great social life and involvement in community and charitable initiatives
- Part of a national and international network of firms with global opportunities
- A diverse work family
- Competitive starting salary, with salary increases based on exam success and performance
- Benefits package including: pension scheme, life assurance, flexible benefits (such as options to buy/sell annual leave, cycle to work scheme and dental insurance)
- Popular staff social club with subsidised events throughout the year
- National induction (2nd and 3rd September 2020) for all new students joining the MHA Firms. Watch a clip of last year’s induction here: 2019 Intake MHA Induction
The firm will sponsor you with a fully funded study package to undertake a 2 - 4 year training contract studying for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification - the first step to becoming a chartered accountant. This will include on-the-job training, exam tuition and practical skills courses, with support from a qualified student counsellor.
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging and stimulating environment where early responsibility is actively encouraged and rewarded. You will get the chance to work alongside business owners, helping design solutions which will make a positive difference to their business performance. The work is varied and fast paced. If you are a people person and enjoy helping others succeed, you will derive great job satisfaction from a career at MHA Moore and Smalley.
Supporting our Corporate and Business Services team to deliver a high-quality service to a range of clients, you will be:
- Learning how to prepare accounts and draft tax computations
- Undertaking accounting and tax assignments
- Working on a range of client businesses
Watch what our current employees have to say about this role and what it’s like to work at MHA Moore and Smalley: Haleemah - AAT Trainee.
To be considered for this position, applicants will need to have:
• a minimum of 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C (4-9) including Maths and English
• a minimum of 112 UCAS points at A Level, all gained in the same exam year and excluding General Studies, (based on the new 2017 UCAS tariff).
• Ideally an A-level in Accounting and Finance is preferred, but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills
• A genuine interest in business and finance
The successful candidate will ideally reside within easy commuting distance of their preferred office.
Successful candidates will commence their role on Thursday 27th August 2020.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.