Prep food, cook and serve foods to a very high standard, follow instructions from your line manager and work to EHO standards level 5, following the guidance from Head Chef. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week
The Abbeyfield (Lakeland Extra Care) Society, Milnthorpe
11th December 2019
Hartland House provides residential care for 31 residents and prides itself on providing the very highest standards of care to our residents.
Employer website: https://www.hartlandhouse.co.u...
To join together with other members of staff in order to provide the individual care required by each resident, ensuring that they retain as much of their dignity and individuality as possible.
Assist and provide the highest possible standards of care to create a homely and happy environment.
- Take an active part in the general activities of the home
- Carry out light domestic duties
As Assistant Chef you will be required to:
- Be the senior member of the Catering department supporting the Head of Catering in aspects of the catering department
- Take charge in the absence of the Head of Catering
- Assist the Head of Catering in ensuring that the highest possible quality of catering provision is maintained and that all service users assessed needs are met
- Work with other members of staff and professionals to provide the individual service required by each resident, ensuring that at all times full respect is provided to protect their choice, dignity and individuality
- Ensure the highest possible standards of catering are achieved in a homely and happy environment
- Supervise and support all members of the catering team
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by the Head of Catering
- Prepare and cook meals
- Assist to serve meals
- Assist in the covering of sickness and holidays where possible
In fulfilling this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the good reputation of Hartland House by creating and maintaining the highest possible standards of health, hygiene and safety within the catering department
- Assisting in the creation of menus to provide residents with a well-balanced nutritious diet, which meets their individual dietary needs
- The production of snacks and meals and refreshments
- Stock control and assisting the Head of Catering in ordering supplies
- Completion of all records and schedules
- Observing, supervising and adhering to all the homes policies and procedures
- Giving dignified help, support and care to service users as required
- Ensuring to follow the homes policy on confidentiality
- Maintaining and improving your own knowledge and competence, ensuring compliance with all legislative requirements of this position
- Good people skills
- Willing to learn new skills
- Be able to follow advice from their mentor and other key members of staff
- Be trustworthy and reliable
- Be open, honest and transparent
- Not essential but having the right people skills first is paramount and wanting to learn
- On completion of completing apprenticeship course the successful candidate will be offered a permanent position with Hartland House on a four day a week contract and pay rise
- Furthermore, Hartland House will always promote individuals in undertaking higher levels of training
Things to consider
- Candidate will be responsible for their own travel arrangements
- Abbeyfields values are extremely important to us which is providing the highest standards of care and making time for older people and the successful candidate will have to embrace our values
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at email@example.com.