This is an exciting opportunity to work in a busy, successful local business. A vast array of engineering skills will be developed where you can build up your all-round knowledge of Engineering with a focus on Hydraulics and Electro-control. You will support our team of engineers with mechanical, repair and installation tasks.
Hours of work:
35 hours per week
£136.50 per week
20th November 2019
The Exc@v8 Group of Companies are plant, forest & cableway engineers and suppliers of specialist equipment, based in the English Lake District.
Exc@v8 is an established, progressive company - importing world leading brands to the UK, providing nationwide sales, service and product support; engineering and fabrication services; cableway and lifting supplies and quality oils and lubricants. We have seen exciting developments and growth in the past, and have ambitious plans for the future.
Employer website: http://www.excavators-uk.com/
During this apprenticeship, you will be working within the busy facility with an experienced workshop team;
- You will be gaining knowledge of using various workshop equipment and learning how to strip and assess units as they enter the workshop for repair
- You will also spend time learning the different areas of the workshop and where each unit goes throughout the repair process - such as building, machining, testing and the dispatch / packing area
- Other general workshop duties and good housekeeping will also be part of your role.
- In the future, as the business demands, you will attend bespoke courses to enhance your skill set and experience
- On a daily basis you will be report to your line manager and you will have a dedicated mentor throughout your Apprenticeship
- Communication Skills
- Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Information Technology
- Listening Skills
- Team Working
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Manual Work Skills
- Honest, hard-working
- The ability to work on their own
- Show initiative
- Communicates effectively
- Builds and maintain relationships
- Acts decisively
- Demonstrates resilience
- Attention to detail
- Desired qualifications:
- English and Maths Grade C+/4+ GCSE or equivalent
- Level 2 Engineering qualification/experience
Potential full time, permanent offer of employment. This could include further and additional training.
There is potential for a long and rewarding career with excellent prospects and great opportunities for career development.
Things to consider
Training will be at Kendal College, ensure you have travel arrangements.
We are a busy company and must respond to the demands of our customers. This may require additional hours but these will not exceed the maximum limit for Apprentices.
How to apply:
You can find more information & apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 814700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.