Grasmere Gingerbread is recruiting for a Business Admin Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity which offers opportunities including administration and customer service support within a sales, marketing and mail order office, primarily supporting the Sales Administrator’s position within a unique family business.
Hours of work:
37.5 per week
£157.50 - £293.63 per week
Grasmere Gingerbread, Ambleside
31st May 2019
We are a 4th generation family business established in 1854 based in Grasmere, central Lake District. We produce a unique bakery product (Gingerbread) to a secret recipe, most of its production from start to finish is by hand. We only sell from the historical shop in Grasmere but customers come from all over the world. We do have corporate customers and we also operate an international mail order service and favour service – which are mainly for weddings. We attend events and shows and undertake talks on and off site. We have an intimate team of 16 which work in the shop, bakery and office. Profiles of our staff can be found on our website. Although, we are a bakery producing, we are also a shop, and a visitor attraction so we are involved in many varied activities – too much to mention but again can all been seen on our website.
Employer website: https://www.grasmeregingerbrea...
The administration office of the business includes sales and marketing; events, promotions, PR and digital marketing. Also, mail order processing and dispatch. Human resources and financial management, and product administration and stock management. This is undertaken by 5 people.
The sixth person is the Sales Administrator who is the first point of contact within this environment so customer interface is at this point whether by phone, or via email, other customer interface comes in through other mediums to the other areas.
This position manages the day to day admin function of the business but more so the sales of favours, special orders and corporate orders and then deals with the whole process from start to finish, this area of the business is growing and support is required within this area. This person has the experience and the ability to work closely with a young person, guide and support them to undertake the following tasks:
- Dealing with customer queries that come in via phone and email
- Taking customer orders over the phone and web
- Box presentation for favours
- Production of printed ribbon on specialist computer programme
- Stock control of promotional literature and stationary
- Press archiving
- Database input
- Parcel preparation
- Good communication skills – in person and written
- Basic IT skills that can be develop and an eagerness to learn
- Presentable; verbally and visually
- Time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Someone who appreciates what the region has to offer and has some knowledge of this
- The team at the Gingerbread Shop are very friendly and are looking for someone who can ask questions freely and build a rapport with their colleagues to enable them to do the task efficiently and to gain knowledge
- GCSE or equivalent in maths and English
- GCSE or equivalent in Business Studies/Computing/Art would assist them in the position
- Support for the Sales Administrator would enable them to create more sales enabling the business to invest into further development creating employment opportunities
- If a candidate was started at Level 2 and showed great potential, we would consider offering progression onto Level 3 qualification
Things to consider
Applicants should consider:
- Can you get to Grasmere via own transport or public transport?
- Can you manage a job alongside the college work?
- Can you multi-task to the various tasks that are undertaken within the department?
- Are, or could you become confident enough to deal with customer interface in person?
- Are you willing to wear the staff uniform when necessary, would not be very often but has to be undertaken when at shows etc.
Additional Working Week Detail:
- This would be a full-time position (including the day at college), therefore they would be working in the business 4 days a week
- The hours of work are from 9am till 5.30pm with an hour for lunch
- There maybe some weekend work when training on other activities but this would be hours exchanged from the normal working days
- If the candidate is using public transport we are happy to work their hours around the bus/train timetables
- The rate of pay would be as stated in the Government min wage scales
How to apply:
You apply for this position on the National Apprenticeship website, which can be accessed by clicking on the ‘Apply now’ button.
Be sure to take your time when completing this application, ensure you consider all the required skills and responsibilities and what you can offer. If you would like any support in completing this application, you can access support from our Student Services Team on 01539 81470 or by email at email@example.com.