Are you an experienced Finance Manager looking for a new challenge?
Have you always wanted to live and work within an area of natural beauty with a vibrant culture?
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £37,258 to £40,713 depending upon qualifications and experience
Closing Date: 12/12/2019
Currently ranked 1st in a national league table of FE colleges and consistently ranked in the top five percent of UK Colleges for learner success rates (for 16-18 year olds); Kendal College is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced Finance Manager to lead our Finance Team.
Why Choose Us
Set within the breath-taking UNESCO World Heritage site of the Lake District, Kendal College is an FE College that consistently punches above its weight on the national stage. Under the leadership of our Principal, Kelvin Nash, Kendal College is embarking on a series of bold steps to grow the College and remain a top-notch education provider for Cumbria and the North West region.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding staff and contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
What We offer
- Salary of £37,258 to £40,713 full time equivalent depending upon qualifications and experience.
- A generous holiday entitlement of 25 days
- 7 efficiency days per year in addition to your hard-earned holiday allocation.
- A College that is committed to developing its staff and providing opportunities for advancement.
- Collaborative working within our departments and campuses to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop.
- A College that promotes and supports flexible working
- On-site canteens with locally sourced ingredients.
- A Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership.
- A comprehensive Staff awards, rewards and Wellbeing scheme
- To manage the Finance department on a day to day basis.
- Ensure that all assets and liabilities of the College are accounted for on an accurate and timely basis and all statutory and monthly reporting is carried out to deadlines set.
- Provide timely and accurate information for the senior leadership team as and when requested.
- To contribute towards the College’s strategic objectives.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment in which to work and learn.
- Responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Participate in annual staff development and own Continuing Professional Development.
The Right Candidate will have:
- CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Qualified in English and Mathematics to GCSE grade A to C
- Good IT skills to at least Level 2
- Working in Finance office
- Managing Staff
- Working to deadlines
- Using finance packages
- Reconciliation work
- All aspects of finance
- Attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good record keeping
- Polite and set examples to other staff
Kendal College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.