Trowel Occupations, Level 2 Apprenticeship
Apprenticeships allow you to gain qualifications whilst working - you will normally study one day per week in college and spend the rest of the week at work,
usually at least 30 hours per week.
The apprenticeship will equip you with the skills in health and safety, knowledge of building methods, interpretation of working drawings, setting out of masonry structures and cavity and solid walling.
In some occupational areas apprentices would be expected to work at height and outside in all seasonal weather conditions. You are likely to need a suitable level of physical fitness to perform some aspects of the job (moving and handling resources, placing and fixing materials).
You could also be expected to travel to sites or in some cases, stay in lodgings whilst working away from home.
You will also spend time at Kendal College gaining your NVQ, Technical Certificate Key Skills that will be useful in the job market.
What will I learn?
The Level 2 course will involve you working in our fully equipped workshop and will cover all of the theory of the trade as well as the skills needed to eventually become a skilled bricklayer.
You will have an opportunity to work with local materials such as stone and slate including preparation, cutting and setting.
During the course you will study:
- health and safety
- knowledge of building methods
- interpretation of working drawings
- setting out of masonry structures
- cavity and solid walling
How will I be assessed?
The assessment methods used for the qualification will be marking of practical brickwork models and online examinations.
As part of the apprenticeship framework, reviews are completed every 12 weeks by the assessor where progress is discussed by the apprentice, assessor and employer.
On completion of the level 2 apprenticeship you may apply to progress to the level 3 advanced apprenticeship to further your skills.
You will need two GCSEs at D - G including Maths and English.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in the professional area that your Apprenticeship is in. Looking for Employment? See below for what to do next…
- Apply for this apprenticeship. We can then support you to find employment and prepare your job application.
- Register your details with the National Apprenticeship Matching Service (NAS) and search online for vacancies at www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
- Check the College’s website page regularly (sometimes employers only want to recruit locally and so they advertise on our website and not the NAS website): www.kendal.ac.uk/apprenticeships/apprentice/
- Make sure your CV is up to date and is relevant to the job industry you are applying to.
Apply for Trowel Occupations, Level 2 ApprenticeshipClick here to apply
Also in Construction
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 2
- → Bench Joinery (Construction), Level 3
- → Carpentry and Joinery (Construction), Level 1
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 2
- → Site Carpentry (Construction), Level 3