Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Level 2 Certificate
- Call Student Services on 01539 814700 for information.
- 18:00 - 21:00
The QCF Level 2 BTEC Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF) is a combined knowledge and practice qualification for those support staff roles that directly support teaching and learning for example teaching assistants or learning support assistants.
The QCF Level 2 Certificate offers an engaging programme for those who want to work in a support role in schools (primary, secondary or special schools).
For adult learners the Level 2 Certificate can extend their knowledge and understanding of work in a particular sector. It is a suitable qualification for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break.
The course will help you learn by encouraging you to develop knowledge and understanding through a variety of methods, in particular group discussion. You will also have an individual assessor to support you in compiling your portfolio.
What will I learn?
The Certificate is a 30-credit qualification that consists of nine mandatory units plus optional units that provide for a combined total of 30 credits (24 credits mandatory and 6 credits optional units).
Mandatory Units include:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Support learning activities
You will have a range of optional units to select from which include: Prepare and Maintain Learning Environments; Provide Displays in Schools; Provide Support for Therapy Sessions or Support Assessment for Learning.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on what you can do. You will be asked to show that you are competent in real situations. You will need to perform consistently over time and in a variety of situations. You will be assessed in your workplace or placement and via your portfolio of evidence compiled during the course.
A qualified vocational assessor will assess you in your working environment to help provide ongoing support to compile your portfolio of evidence
You will be qualified to gain employment in a school or may progress onto a level 3 programme.
You will need an interest and on-going experience of working with children. Acceptance on the course is subject to a successful interview, when you will undertake a brief initial assessment to ensure the level of programme is appropriate for you. Edexcel Level 2 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF) is also available if this is more suitable for you.
You will also need to be working or on placement each week at a suitable setting. The time requirement for this is individual to each student with a recommendation of a minimum of 1.5 days.
You will also need a current DBS check.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor, Diane Fryer, prior to enrolment:
Please note: If you are an adult student you may be entitled to financial support to cover the cost of your course, dependent on your circumstances. Please contact Student Services on email@example.com for details. More about Student Finance.
Enquire about Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, Level 2 Certificate
Ready to apply for this course? Complete an Enrolment Form today
Also in Teacher Education
- → Certificate / Post Graduate Certificate in Education PGCE (Full time)
- → Education & Training (Ascentis), Level 4 Certificate
- → Assessing Vocational Achievement, Certificate
- → Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes & Practice, Certificate
Also in Childhood Studies
- → Exploring the Care Sectors (Childcare), Level 1
- → Children’s Care, Learning & Development, Level 2
- → Children and Young People’s Workforce, Level 2 Apprenticeship
- → Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools, Level 3 Apprenticeship
- → Supporting Teaching & Learning, Level 2 Apprenticeship